Cyclone Vardah hit Chennai on December 12th causing widespread damage in our area, especially the bible college and the churches (the roofs have been damaged on three of them). Our dinning area has been totally damaged, as well as the toilets and kitchen area. For the last 10 days we have not had electricity, and most of our electric posts have been damaged. We also have a huge problem with water and basic needs.
Please pray that we will be able to come back from this situation. We need to rebuild our dining area, kitchen, water tanks, electrical work, and toilet roof. We also need to buy a generator.
Your prayers and support will be a huge help in these difficult times. If you would like to help with the repairs, you can click the Give tab, choose Great Harvest/India, and put Cyclone Vardah in the memo. But most of all, please pray for us. Thank you!
Damage at the Bible College…
Some of the damage in the city…
By Gods grace we have been able to send a team of eight people to our orphanage in Manipur. The team left on Tuesday, October 18 and will return on Thursday, October 27. We have five team members traveling from Bozeman, MT, two from Racine, WI, and one from Oceanside, CA. Pastor Sunny and Mercy have also flown from Chennai to Manipur to serve with the team. Please pray for Ken, Elric, Bre, David, Rachel, Danielle, and Bob & Wendy!
From door to door it took over 40 hours to finally reach the orphanage, but the Lord was faithful to bring the team and all the bags safely. The team will be working on constructing a new kitchen and furniture for the orphanage as well as doing a VBS outreach to the kids in the orphanage and nearby villages.
Please pray for the hearts of the kids in this orphanage that they may grow up to know the Lord and serve him. We believe the Lord wants to reach this area in India and that he can use these kids to grow up and plant churches and impact many lives in this area.
Thank you for praying for this trip!
Please pray with us for the following:
- For the continued equipping of the students to go out and spread the Gospel.
- Provision for the Pastors/Church Planters to come to the conference.
- Provision for students, church planters, and children’s programs.
- For a separate women’s dormitory so we can accept female students as well.
- For 40 bicycles for the students to go out to do their daily ministry/outreach.
- The needs of Great Harvest Orphanage.
We praise the Lord for:
- The new dorms, as well as the bathrooms, showers, and proper sewage!
- The library is completed!
- For the many people coming to Christ!
- For the churches planted and the many children’s programs.